The GammaGen app is available from Apple’s App Store and Google Play for the iOS and Android platforms respectively.
This sequence represents the operational process of using the app:
- Download the app from the appropriate platform to suit your device.
- Prepare the user-supplied VR headset and headphones for immediate use.
- Open the app.
- If using of the first time, complete the registration process, including reading the Terms and Privacy statement.
- The app allows the user to select LIGHT and/or SOUND via a dashboard screen.
- Press START. An on-screen countdown from 60 seconds will begin. The user should connect the headphones to the smartphone and slide the smartphone into the VR headset adjusting for comfortable use for a maximum of 60 minutes.
- At the end of the countdown the session begins. A white light flashing at 40Hz will fill the screen of the smartphone and the audio will play a 40Hz tone.
- After 60 minutes, unless the user has ended the session early, the app will end the session.
- The app will upload the session data to gammagen.org.
- The app will set the earliest possible next use of the app for 18 hours hence.